Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Introduction

BLOG! What is this all about?” is what my spouse demanded to know. Gerson Da Cunha, one of the greatest Indian advertising gurus once told me – if you cannot sell your creative ideas to your wife, don’t present it to your client – so here I am trying to explain the rationale on my reason to blog, as I did to my beloved till she was thoroughly and thankfully convinced.

I have been working since ‘95 in advertising and communication, post a few years’ stint in Mumbai and then moved to Dubai. Since 2003, I’ve been in financial marketing handling advertising and marketing communications. I live in Dubai and work as Head of Branding and Marketing for a bank.

Oceans of experience and oodles of brimming ideas, just waiting to surface here and demanding my expression... I have been married to Dr. Kiran and we have a small restless wonder Babloo..

So much of interaction and communication and shifting grounds to a foreign land, did compel me to write and express more about what I feel about everything around me. The husband in me always wanted to write about my trials and errors, the professional in me made me realize the importance of sharing best practices which I managed to learn and the father in me made in realize hey I must write about how my world has changed. May be through me...you get to see a bit of you.

I would appreciate if you can go through few of my blogs and leave your feedback

1 comment:

  1. commendable job...please keep writing...you sure have a follower here:)

    ReplyDelete