Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Quarter 1 2009 – Review

As we set towards another quarter, felt it is important to review quarter. At the beginning like millions even I waited anxiously for Obamania and hoped that he has a magic wand to wipe out the current financial tsunami.

I managed to go through many of the information web sites offering counseling on how to protect your job and I did follow few of the points – I started blogging – for starters I am not proficient and was skeptic , I also started teaching though to a very small group of people, I started writing press releases as well and interestingly at these times I must confess I managed to bounce back with more knowledge and more personal confidence should there be any eventuality – I can chose from a couple of back up professions

Now at the end of the quarter we got used to many facts including reduced traffic, scary front page reports on more layoffs, neighbors evacuating their flats either moving out or moving to another city, reduced communication amongst friends and a tensed cloud at work

There are elements my son triggered post his experiments with the play hammer and his encounter with the Lion king which makes this blog interesting for parents and parents to be
I spend more time with my son than I used to 10 days ago, we sit at the dining table and we have a family dinner and I tell stories to my son and I know this increases visualization skills. Sure he may fetch a job as a story teller or a visualiser in any advertising agency with the information dump at the dinner table every evening

His quest of information seems to be increasing and he seems to ask more probing questions few of them: Tell me why – does it not rain heavily? Tell me why – we cannot stand on the sea when the boats can; tell me why – you need to go to office though you get money from the ATM
We are reading more books and the information is cascaded to our little boy.

Though I am not trying to unsell television I am looking at so many positive elements associated without a TV at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment