Wednesday, March 4, 2009

THOUGHTS

this morning i received a call from an old media friend.. we shared the same room when we came to this place some 9 years ago ... post exchanging few words he enquired about my job more out of curiosity as suddenly my job is categorized as high risk-- he recently got promoted to head the regional business development and planning unit.

He works for the largest media buying and planning houses and the entire media is virtually at their door steps (literally) so he took the new replacement on a induction trip to his clients offices and strange though the reaction to his new assignment was more negative - almost all of them quipped in a negative fashion as if he is on the radar line of firing.. pity how situations reflect the positive news to a gloom

have been very quiet @ home, we do talk but never like before some times I worry within, i worry when I see the happiness and joy of my family and think to myslf what if we need to go back.. my son may in turn look at me ( as if he is questioning me since he thank fully is in that age where he cannot articulate his thoughts) and say.. hey i dont need a new school i need my group of friends, i dont need this new house i need my home where i was so happy with my neighbourhood ..

but then---- i also dnt seem to have those answers

two senior marketing heads who handle marketing budgets which are parallel to my role and looking for job(s)

my cousin did enlighten me by saying in the US any green card or US citizen gets upto 60% of his previous pay as monthly allowance if he is out of job.. well i think it is more to do with their social security and their taxes which account to almost 35% of their monthly pay checks. since we are in tax free we have no such sops. out of job? two months either leave or get a new job else one is termed as illegal

No matter how much one plans on such though heart in heart we dont want to plan for this but it is just a condition of state but i realise this state of affairs is like sudden death - sounds depressing but a mirror image of fear, apprehension and anxiety of a father and also as a main bread winner for the family i know i m thinking positive and sounding optimistic on future but just a thought ………

1 comment:

  1. Scary thots buddy. Well, I've just been made redundant. Going back to bangalore with the entire family after 16 long years in UAE.

    Just hang in there. it's bound to get better. Soon I hope. Insha Allah.

    ReplyDelete