Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Temple Visit

Date: 23 Feb 2009

Last evening once I reached home by 6:30 (it was early by any standards ) my son was busy playing in his den and my spouse was busy chatting with our sindhi neighbor – post few minutes I requested – shall we go to the temple – today’s shivaratri my dad called and told me .. ooh never ask me to visit temple and make me say no.. announced my wife but reluctant she volunteered to drive us (me and my son) to the temple and for company she dragged our neighbor as well

The journey from home to the temple is 2 kms so it takes 15 minutes to walk reason for taking the car is to ensure we are back by 8pm as its dinner time for the lil one.. wonder why mothers get so protective on times but any ways since she obliged my request I had to comply with hers as well..

The traffic was bad however finally managed to reach the temples vicinity . ( dubai other than Muscat is known for its religious tolerance – we have a temple close to home and it is the only temple in this country) I managed to steer my son along the crowd and finally we landed in the huge serpentine line but then is it recession or scare or just the religious sentiments? No idea but the temple was packed.. did not want to go back purely coz felt I came all the way so lemme wait..

Since I m with my son there was this ‘family’ line which I managed to get access to.. well there are two lines parallel to each other and one is for family and is quicker.. as in the number of lanes are minimal… families, women, senior citizens , teenage kids forced to go with their parents all are in our line.. a lady with a back less top (blouse) ...walked in.. HARI OOOOM.... said a devotee trying to take his eyes off her back.. ( shocking but huh why wear such in a temple).. a businessman is on the phone.. and the volunteers are sterring the crowd saying. Aaage chalo.. jaldi chalo… well my son managed to pick that and he was also pushing his way .. he managed to learn the art of pushing I thought. So if any case we need to go to Mumbai he can survive in the local trains…

Please switch off your phones.. ooh madam jaldi chalo… uncle please phone bandh… aaap pooja ke liye aaye.. well little does the volunteer know.. the man may be a forex trader who is checking in his dealing room in London and may be is seeking ‘Timely’blessing of shiva for increase in his portfolio… blackberry mania is all over .. people are busy checking their mails.. as if they are getting their pink slips through mails.. any ways our turn came.. my son threw a flying kiss to the idol.. ooh that’s cute quipped a volunteer and gave him laddu. Laddu no good .. said my son and returned.. I had to apologize and take it back

Finally after some 90 minutes we came back .. see I told you todays a busy day remarked my wife and you don’t listen to me.. and also said wonder why hubbies don’t listen to wives.. errrr..

No comments:

Post a Comment